Header

Monday, May 9, 2011

Ode to Ma

Ya know those poor kids who have their birthday right around Christmas? Well, my mom also get the short end of the stick. Her birthday always falls right around Mother's Day. So I thought I'd take some time out to say both Happy Birthday and Happy Mother's Day to my mamma. 

Also, a photo for ya'll. And yes, my eyes always look like that. I once went to a Mary Kay party and I told my friends I had no idea how to apply eye make-up, and my one friend replied, "you mean you don't wear eye make-up every day?" 


But back to my mom. She's a pretty nice lady, I must say. Birthed six kids, put up with our crap, got us through those awkward teenage years pretty unscathed. Well, there's one left to get through his teenage years, so I guess it remains to be seen if there's a wild child among the group. But we all turned out ok. 

My mom was at a youth sporting event once, and another mom was complaining about her older children, one was arrested, one was working in a dead-end job, I think one may have gotten a girl knocked-up, and then the lady asked my mom, "So what about your kids?" My mom said she didn't have the heart to tell her her oldest had graduated college and had a good job, her second was recently married and accepted a teaching position, her third works on one of the best farms in the state, the fourth is in every extracurricular imaginable... and so on (yes I just totally "Mary-Ann and the rest"-ed my two last siblings, but you get the point). So as they say, the proof is in the pudding. I've got a pretty damn good mom. And I guess dad is ok too, haha. 

Oh, I forgot to mention-  it's my mom's 50th birthday this week! 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh that's awesome. Your Mom sounds great. And she "done good" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom's birthday falls on Mother's Day every so many years...lol Happy (now belated) birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete