Header

Friday, February 18, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In



1. What is your favorite MilSpouse blog (not including Wife of a Sailor who we all love, or your own)? submitted by Our Crazy Life.
Both of my favs have one thing in common, they are both talented photographers. Householddiva6 is one that I check pretty much every time she posts, and even though she doesn't blog much about military life, I love looking at the photos over at Bumbles & Light

2. What are your favorite perks about your s/o being deployed (we all know there are perks)? submitted by Ramblings of a Marine Wife
Fortunately, we've never had to experience one, and when he was at training, I lived with my parents and became pretty depressed... But I did get to go to New Zealand, which I probably wouldn't have done had he been home. So for me, I got a chance to do something crazy like travel to another country by myself. 



3. How long did you date your before getting engaged? Married? submitted by Utterly Chaotic
Took about five years to get engaged. For the married part, add two days to that, haha.

4. What do you think your would do if s/he wasn’t in the military? submitted by Adventures of M-Squared
Trying to still finish school with tons of debt and working part-time at Target. Honestly, I don't like to think about it, because he was just so lost before joining. He was unhappy with his major/career choice, and you could tell in his motivation. When he retires, his MOS translates well to the civilian world, so he's confident he'll find a job with the skills he has learned. 



5. If you could talk to the Secretary of (fill in your appropriate branch) what is one suggestion you would like to bring to their attention in order to improve the lives of military families?  submitted by My Life as His (Air Force) Wife
I don't really know. Let's face it, 40% of taxes go towards defense, how much more stuff do we need? And I really can't complain. But then again, we don't have kids, and I've finished school (for as much as I'd like to be right now anyway). I'm sure plenty of milspouse readers will disagree with me. 



Hum, I have one, I'd ask not to give my husband the extra military issued items I have to take care of and put away and that he'll never use. He works on computers, so a lot of the things he was issued just doesn't apply. Also, give my husband more reasons to wear his dress blues... let me explain.... He's been in for two years and has yet to wear them, even though he needs to keep them up to date, therefore spending money on changing the pins and ranks out, when some go unneeded. We could save some of that money, or even lower his clothing allowance, and saving everyone money. I know technically it's not much, but it does add up. 

5 comments:

  1. I could not agree with your #5 more! We have so much CIF stuff in the basement. Though we do get to wear the dress blues here for Dining Outs... but it does cost and I get you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Zealand? Wow! That's on my mental list of Countries I'd Like to Visit Someday. All the pictures I've seen of the landscape are just breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm incredibly jealous of your New Zealand expedition... and that you live in Germany!

    Yes on the unused CRAP the AF gives to the SMs! His entire closet is filled with stuff that still has tags. He's only worn his blues once and that was for a wedding of his friend. We don't update them for that very reason. I'm sure that will bite us in the hiney at some point though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. His company has uniform inspections from time to time, so he has to keep them up to date. Turns out they sewed the female rank on his class As, so he had to get that changed recently to pass his inspection, even though he's being promoted next month...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a bloggy award waiting for you over at my blog. Check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete