Header

Friday, February 4, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In


First off, I'd like to say "Hello" to all my new followers from the Blizzard Blog Hop! Thank you all for stopping on over. For those of you that don't know, MilSpouse Friday Fill-In was created by Wife of a Sailor to get to know our fellow military spouse bloggers out there.  I participate in most of the because it keeps me blogging on a regular basis.... and I like talking about myself. 

1. Since most of the country has had nasty weather, what has your weather been like this week?
It hasn't snowed in awhile here (just lots of rain) but we did get a dusting the same day all of the US got dumped on. It got really cold too. It could be tons worse, but I'm still ready for summer, or at least for the sun to come out!

2. What is/are your best money saving tip(s)?
Learn to make your own things, and know when it's not worth it. I only use coupons for toiletries, most of the food I buy doesn't have coupons for them anyway. Use cash most of the time. Read or listen to anything by Dave Ramsey. Learn to value experiences more than material things. Menu plan. Set a restaurant budget every month and make going out an experience, not just because you don't want to cook or didn't plan ahead. Buy quality made clothes so you don't keep buying shirts that get crappy looking after a few months. Be inspired by such people as Grocery ShrinkSmall Notebook, and Frugal Dad. Buy the generic version and see if it's good enough to make a swap. Become a Freecycle and Craigslist junkie, but only buy things you need, not what's just a good deal. If you get a chance to travel outside of the US, really take notice at advertising and how people live, you'll really get a different perspective about the buying process and marketing. Realize that a $50 bottle of shampoo won't make your thin hair thick, just call up your mom and blame her. 

3. What was your favorite vehicle you’ve ever owned?
I still have the very first car I ever bought. I bought my 01 Sunfire in 2005. So I guess it wins by default. She's getting up there in mileage though so we'll probably be getting rid of her in the next year or so... she's starting to become a money pit. Isn't it funny how I refer to my car as "she"?

4. What is a question you’d like to see asked in a future fill-in? (Your question & blog just may appear one week!)
I sent Wife of a Sailor this question already, but I can't think of a new one. I'm curious- what's the one movie you love and have seen so many times you can recite it word for word? 

5. Fill in the blank: You might be a MilSpouse if….
(I will be including some of your answers in a future post (with a link to your blog, of course!)

You might be a MilSpouse if... your drivers license is shoved in the back sleeve of your wallet because your military ID now has priority. 

4 comments:

  1. #5 is very true! I had a hard time finding my drivers license when I rented a car :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I never use my license any more! The military ID is much more handy since my license is always out of state anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally thought of another tip (can you tell saving money is totally my thing?). I make my own household cleaners... they work pretty good! Also, I have all the stuff to make homemade laundry detergent, I just need to use up what I already have, so we'll see if it works.

    ReplyDelete