Header

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Call Me Crazy

The weather the past month or so hasn't been terrible, but it's just the kind that makes you go, "I'll wait until spring or summer do do that/go there, when the weather in nice." Also, my husband is back on nights now. We went Tuesday-Saturday last week without seeing each other, although a big warm lump appeared in my bed around 9 am every morning. And yes, I sleep in past 9... ok I get up at 11 most days. I'm a night owl and have an afternoon class, so sue me.

Anyway, my reason for the comment above is that we haven't done anything too exciting lately. I took two of my classmates to Ikea on Saturday. Neither of them had left the city since they arrived in Germany, so they were really excited. I remember when Ikea was like the coolest place ever, now it's just like going to Target; which I guess is cool in it's own right, but I digress...

I just wanted to let you all know I'm doing something really cool this weekend. I'm so excited I can't even contain myself.

Here's a preview (ok, it pretty much says what I'll be doing):

Footsteps of the 82nd Airborne

Yes, that is a 24 km hike. I have not done much exercise in the past six months; I think I went to the gym four times- and two of those were to donate blood. This could get interesting.

5 comments:

  1. I love Ikea! I visited that store I think last month and just got HOOKED. Love it! And good luck on the hike! Take pics. I look forward to reading about your awesome adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Have fun and take lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to Ikea, but my fiance was stationed in Germany and talks about it. A lot. :)

    And that hike looks like so much fun! Major props to you for committing to 24 km!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to hit up the Ikea in Minneapolis when we'd visit my husband's family. It was a 5 hour drive. Now we live an hour away from two of them; I think we've gone each month we've been here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that does sound cool... we have an Ikea an hour away in Regensburg. My husband refuses to go in there anymore ;) hehe. Good luck with the hike, that's a heck of a walk. Make sure you have good comphy boots!
    Also I wanted to send a little award that brightened my day:
    http://ostranderblog.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/mvp-award/

    ReplyDelete