Without the extension, Craig can't be stationed overseas. So that would mean we'd be going to the Washington DC area. That was definitely not on my plans! Plus I'd feel like a total ass for all the time and money spent researching, as well as having to explain to everyone and their dog why we're not going. I'm leaning a valuable lesson about Army life- don't tell friends and family potential plans until you're actually physically doing it. My poor family has gotten excited over Colorado and Hawaii, which were both where we were scheduled to end up at one point or another.
But his CO signed the paperwork, and now the request for orders has been sent. It takes about a week to actually get the orders, but I'm not holding my breath. I keep having these worries that something will get messed up, and his gaining unit will get sick of waiting.
Other than that, this weekend is out 1st year anniversary. We're going to celebrate with fireworks!