Header

Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Fill-In 24


1. What do you see your life like in 10 years?
I'll be 37. I hope to be done popping out kids by then, however if I'm going to get to 5 or 6, I better start now! Haha, just kidding Craig if you're reading this.

As far as career, who knows. I wouldn't mind doing the stay at home mom thing. I just want to have some land, some animals, and be pretty self sufficient.

2. What do you like most about your job?
My job right now is learning German and being eine Hausfrau. My class gets over next week, and I still haven't decided if I want to move onto level two right away in January. I like that it's really challenging and keeps my brain ticking.

As far as the housewife thing, I like being able to have time to do crafty things and not spending money on things for a job (ie gas to and from work, dress clothes). Also, I can go shopping on the weekdays and take my time looking for the best deals, and do fun things on the weekend instead of heading to the grocery store.

3. What are three things you do every day, no matter what day it is?
No matter what, I brush my teeth twice a day. If I fall asleep before I get a chance to, I wake up and go do it! Then, probably go on the computer and feed the cat.

4. What would you do with an extra five hours in the day today?
Humm, today? Waste it on the computer, haha. Honestly, I probably would have went grocery shopping and picked out a Christmas tree.

5. What is your favorite Christmas (or whichever holiday you celebrate) cookie recipe (please share!)?
Although not a cookie, I'd have to say buckeyes, even though my family just calls them peanut butter balls. Coming from Wisconsin, making "buckeyes" would be a sin in Badger country! Here's the recipe stolen from allrecipes.com:

1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 cups confectioners' sugar
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions

In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, vanilla and confectioners' sugar. The dough will look dry. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.

Press a toothpick into the top of each ball (to be used later as the handle for dipping) and chill in freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.

Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until smooth.

Dip frozen peanut butter balls in chocolate holding onto the toothpick. Leave a small portion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like Buckeyes. Put back on the cookie sheet and refrigerate until serving.

I dunk the entire thing in chocolate- you know you want to.

2 comments:

  1. That recipe looks like something I could actually do ;0) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower via the Friday Fill-In! I'm a farm girl turned military wife too! That recipe sounds yummy! My hubby would love it since he is a Buckeyes fan! lol.

    -Staci
    The Crafty Military Wife

    ReplyDelete