Header

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Updates

Just a quick update on how everything is going.

- We got our household goods on Monday, and I'm happy to report NOTHING got broke or lost!

However...

- Our queen box spring mattress doesn't fit up our staircase. But fret not! The PX had queen split box springs in stock (which I thought had to be custom made). Not an expense I was planning on, but I'm thankful it only took a few days to get it taken care of. Now I just gotta get that box spring sold that's sitting in the living room.... any takers?

Also, take note fellow milspouses- keep this little fiasco in mind when purchasing a mattress set. With as much moving as we all do, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's run into this problem!

- Our car failed the inspection-- twice. I was very upset when we had just spent $400 getting new brakes. We went back to the mechanic, and they're going to look at it again for free. At first, I was pissed at the mechanic, but he explained the repair and what's wrong. There's obvious improvement to the brakes, it stops great, but he explained the equipment they use on-post compared to what they use to test cars on the German economy is different. So pretty much our car would pass German inspection, but not the inspection we have to do through the military.

- Craig is going on the days schedule starting next week! That means 4am to 6pm instead of 5pm to 7am, and he'll work 3 days on, then 2 days off, 2 days off, and 3 days on, so he actually gets "weekends" and not just a day where he messes up his sleep schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment