Header

Friday, October 29, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In 19

Another Friday is upon us. Not a lot of fun things to report since the last Friday Fill-In. October has been a very long month financially for us, so we've been hunkering down. I can't believe that November is just around the corner! Also, I apologize for the formatting differences. Blogger doesn't like it when I copy and past directly from Wife of a Sailor.

1. What’s the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?

I've had acquaintances do things like pull me out of the ditch, coworkers that went out of their way to help me, etc. But a perfect stranger? I'm thankful for all the people who donated to the Sears Heroes at Home program. Oh, and the nice couple who stopped to help us when our car broke down. Although we didn't need their help, it was nice to be remembered that there are truly genuine, good people in this world.

2. If you are having a hard time going to sleep, what do you do to help yourself?

For the worst case scenario, I take some Advil PM. It works, but I try not to take drugs too often. A lot of times, it helps to make a to-do list, because most of the time I can't sleep because I'm thinking of things I have to do. Or I read. I've learned if I open the laptop, I might as well be pulling an all nigher.

3. Name something that makes you wish you were a kid again.

Getting the Toys 'R Us or the Fleet Farm Toyland catalog around this time of year! I want kids so I can play with all their cool toys.

4. What is something you never believed until you experienced it?

I'm normally not the religious type, but the power of prayer. I'm not talking like praying for a new car, but praying for guidance and strength to get through a tough time.

5. What can’t you say “no” to?

Staying a little longer, or having another drink, or what have you. My husband and I always seem to be the last ones to leave at a party. Great, now we'll never be invited to another party, haha.

1 comment:

  1. I hate when I can't sleep. It's so frustrating. Writing a list is a great idea... I've always got a hundred and one things floating around in my head!

    ReplyDelete