Header

Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Fill-in 17

1. What are some things on your bucket list?
- Get through today :-)
- Milk a cow on 6 continents. I've got 2 down; the third should be easy. That leaves Africa, South America, and Asia. Maybe I'll convince Craig to stay in the Army long enough to get sent to Japan, just so I can complete my goal.
- Have a family

2. How long have you been a MilSpouse and where have you been stationed so far?
Make that 1 year and 7 months. BCT at Ft. Jackson, AIT at Ft. Gordon, which I count as a duty station because I lived there too, and Craig was there well over a year. His first official duty station is Landstuhl, Germany.

3. What is a list of songs that sums up your life so far?
Wow, this is going to take a lot of thought. So in somewhat chronological order:
- "Thank God I'm a County Boy" (err, or girl...) by John Denver. Loved growing up on the farm.
- "Redneck Girl" by Bellamy Brothers- I can be a little rough around the edges :-)
- "I Can Sleep When I'm Dead" by Jason Micheal Carrol- for my college years. It was a crazy hectic, fun ride! Oh, and "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off"...... just kidding!
- "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" for pretty obvious reasons.
- "I Never Promised you a Rose Garden" for adjusting to being a "grown-up"
- "Right Where I Need to Be" by Gary Allen. When I gave up some things for the truly important things- as the song goes, "getting my proprieties in line"
"Why Don't We Just Dance" by Josh Turner- our wedding song, and some days ya just gotta dance
- Right now, I feel like "Road to Nowhere" by the Talking Heads- let me explain so you don't freak out- I'm a little lost with where I want to go with my life at this point- start a family? be a SAHM? Continue with my career in agriculture? Start over my career? Work "just a job" ?
- But really, I want to live my life like "Simple Life" by Carolyn Dawn Johnson.

Hmm, apparently my life is one big country hits album.

4. What is your favorite kind of pizza?
Sausage and mushroom. Preferably Tombstone. I ain't too fancy.

5. What are three good things in your life right now?
Being with my husband, the promise of great adventures in the next three years, and getting our household goods on Monday! Ah, sometimes it's the little things in life.

3 comments:

  1. I love your bucket list goal to milk a cow on six continents...that's possibly the best one I've read so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sausage Tombstone... Chicka Yeah!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all of your songs! I had Carolyn Dawn Johnson on my list too! Redneck Girl is a CLASSIC too!

    ReplyDelete