Header

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Vaterland

I made it to Germany... last Thursday actually. Sorry to keep you in suspense, but we've been super busy. Between house hunting, car shopping, tours, in-processing, phone shopping, hitting the town, and finding out way around, I can't believe how much we've accomplished.


Here's our own little hooptie. It's a 92 Golf... low mileage, and per Craig's request, a manual. We bought it from a nice German guy. We probably paid too much for it, but we were in desperate need of transportation, and neither of us have the knowledge or tools to fix up cars, so we wanted something that was ready to go. Speaking of nice Germans, the people here love to talk! Another one of those traits that makes me go, "I don't think my family knows just how German they are."

I don't have photos of our house. We'l be moving in next week, so pictures to follow. The village we'll be living in is about 5 minutes from Craig's work, which we were really fortunate to find. It's really rural and small, which I'm sure I'll fit right in, and is about 10-15 minutes from a decent sized city. Here's a preview of Langwieden.

For those of you that don't know, that is a box spreader... a very old one. What does it spread you ask? Manure, my friends. That means someone in town has farm animals, which warms my heart like you wouldn't believe. Our landlord seems nice, and has told us there's a very good restaurant in the village. I can't wait to get settled.

So far, the experience has been positive... oh, and yes, the beer is good...


No comments:

Post a Comment