Header

Saturday, July 3, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

I know, I know, it's not Friday, but I'm just starting to jump on the bandwagon here. I gotta get up to speed, so I'll do all the questions from the past couple weeks. Thanks to Wife of a Sailor for the idea!

Week 1

1. How did you and your spouse/significant other meet?

We were both members of the University of Wisconsin marching band. We were put in the same rank, and he'd walk me to band everyday. Turns out he really thought I was cute and wanted to date me, I just though he was being nice. He was kinda annoying at first following me around, but by the time he asked me out, we were inseparable.

2. What is the best thing about being a MilSpouse?

Getting out of your comfort zone and living places you wouldn't have otherwise.

3. What is the hardest thing about being a MilSpouse?

Not knowing when things are going to happen, but placing a pretty good bet on it being much later than the date you expect, and that someone will screw up some sort of paperwork.

4. What is your favorite dish?

Oh that's so hard! I know Craig will say his favorite dish is green chili rice. Me? I love any food that tastes fresh and is made from scratch. Anything with garlic in it.

5. If you could change one thing in this world, what would it be?

That's such a loaded question. I just wish there wasn't so many people out there that have given up on life. You see so many people that are depressed, don't have a passion for anything, and just going through the motions.

Week 2

1. Tell us about your dream job… one that you could do regardless of pay.

To run a small dairy farm where I can host tours and try my hand at direct marketing of the product. I'd like to try sheep or goats because their size would make them easy to handle, and you can make a decent profit with a smaller operation. I'm leaning towards sheep because I think there's a lot of market potential, and I prefer the taste over goat cheese. Also, I'd really like to have a place where I can teach my children the value of hard work, and the strength of a family working together. Now I just have to talk my husband into the idea!

I've also had an idea for teaching the public about where their food comes from, the real costs of food, and what we sacrifice by having the cheapest food in the world. Nutrition is a hard field to be in, but I just feel so many people are misguided by marketing.

2. What is your most prized material possession (kids and pets don’t count!)?

My laptop and my car. They're my keys to the outside world!

3. What has been your favorite duty station and why?

Craig went to BCT at Ft. Jackson, and we're still at Ft. Gordon, where he just finished AIT. We're going to Germany, so I'm pretty sure that will trump any place we've been already.

4. What is your least favorite household chore?

Folding shirts. I do a crappy job of it. Craig is so much better at folding than me. I'm weird though, I'd rather clean the bathroom and wash the car before folding shirts.

5. If you could give one piece of advice to a teenager today (not specifically a MilTeen), what would it be?

Don't get caught up in friend drama. It's not worth your time. Put down your damn phone and live life- most of that drama will go away.


2 comments:

  1. So glad you could join us! And I grew up on a hobby horse farm that was directly across from the family dairy farm that my uncle was running!

    Hope you can join us next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about my laptop! I almost cried when my power cord died last week and I was computerless for a few days. And we're at Fort Gordon too!

    ReplyDelete