Header

Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Fill-In 4



What food reminds you of your spouse?
Rice. I grew up in a household that really didn't like rice, so it was weird when I first met him and he had gotten a rice cooker from his parents for Christmas. If there's nothing in the house to make, he'll just have rice for dinner. Also sushi. On our first date, I had it for the first time and he was such a pro with teaching me how to eat it, use chopsticks, etc. Definitely a turn-on.

Who would you rather sit next to in a cross-country plane ride: an irritating non-stop talker, or a quiet stare-er?
A quiet stare-er. Pretty sure I'm also one as well, and we can just sit and stare at each other for the entire flight.

What are your best tips on how to save money?
I could go on and on about this topic. I keep an excel spreadsheet with a budget that I keep track of obsessively. Knowing where your money is going is probably the best tip I can give ya.

What is your favorite summer memory?
Going to Upper Michigan with my family. My grandparents lived in a very remote town on Lake Superior. My grandma was the postmaster there. We loved having bonfires on the beach and learning about nautical history. The sand dunes were really neat, it made me feel like we were in the desert. Ya know that song "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock? The line "it was summer time in northern Michigan," I had the same summers! Well, except for the sex, drugs, and rock n' roll. But who knows, while I was making s'mores with grandpa, he could have been partying it up a campsite away...

Do you believe in ghosts?
Eh, not really. Those stories freak me out, but I'm not going to go search for them.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I <3 my rice cooker. My cousin bought us our first one, and we wore it out within a year... so we HAD to replace it. :p

    Considering my children are TALKERS the chance at a quiet plane ride is well worth the stares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like rice but the rest of my family does. I don't even know what I would do if someone gave me a rice cooker, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I thought it was a pretty useless kitchen gadget. Until I tried to make rice on my own without the cooker- it's pretty much idiot proof.

    ReplyDelete