Header

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Friday Fill-In 3

1. What is your favorite household chore?
Typically, it'd be mowing lawn, gardening, anything outside if we actually had a lawn (apartment living is REALLY dragging on me). But now I'd have to say cleaning the bathroom. I hate jobs that involve dust, enjoy jobs that include getting wet. Or maybe it has something to do with sniffing the fumes.

2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Playing pretend town with my sister. We used our long driveway as a highway, and the trees in our yard were houses, and each had a crazy family living in them. The shed became the auto body shop, and there was an ice cream shop, a waste treatment plant (yeah, we were weird kids), and a baseball diamond. We even made "custom" jackets for the baseball team by writing on old jean jackets with pens.

Another great memory I have is all the times my sister and I would get in trouble around the farm, like the time we went into the corn crib and used the cobs as a slide. This caused the corn to shift, and blocked the door. We yelled for my dad for what seemed like hours. It was probably only 10 minutes, but as a little kid, it felt like an eternity. I could tell more individual stories, but I'll leave that for the book. I'm currently in contract negotiations for my life story (kidding...).

3. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I met someone on a band trip, started talking, and accidentally referred to someone we both knew as "a f**ker" (I guess I was trying to be cool? I meant to say I didn't care for the particular person, but it just popped out.) Then it turns out this guy was super religious, and he kinda stopped talking to me after that.

Also, when you spend your first few years out of college doing outside sales and cold calling, you have plenty of embarrassing moments, and a few of them come to mind every once in awhile, and I try my hardest to forget them.

4. What uniform of your spouse’s is your favorite?
Since he's low on the Army totem pole, I've never seen him in his class A's. Plus it looks a little empty yet. I saw him once in his class B's when he did dress & ceremony. They were ok- the shirt remind me of my dad- he wears my uncle's old military shirts to the barn. I don't like the beret. I call ACUs his jungle PJs (ok is it just me, or after awhile, do they start to turn like a drab color pink?!). So now I've narrowed it down... um, the patrol cap? Or the spandex boxers he wears sometimes. :-) But I guess that's not really a "uniform" Maybe someday he'll have the dress blues.

5. What canceled TV show do you miss the most?
Sex in the City, but if it was still on, it wouldn't be as good. It left off at a good spot. The second movie was a sign that enough is enough.

1 comment:

  1. ummm, so i LOVE these fill-ins, where do you find? did you make them yourself?

    ReplyDelete