Header

Monday, July 6, 2009

Life just got more interesting...

Let's throw an engagement in the mix for good measure. Yup, it's official, the boy and I are getting hitched. I know some of you are thinking that it's about time.

I had a hunch it was going to happen because I opening my big mouth a few days ago about a ring. Craig tried to play it off, but I suspected something, and he knew it too. So as soon as he got off the plane and walked to the parking lot, he did it right then and there. Nothing too fancy, but like he said, he didn't want the ring burning a hole in his pocket the whole weekend either. So we were able to enjoy the time talking about plans and get excited. Also I did now realize that July 3rd was exactly 4.5 years to the day that he had asked me out on our first date. I felt silly that I didn't realized that!

The date is going to be pretty hard to determine because we don't know where Craig's first duty station is going to be. If it's in the continental US, then it'll be easy to travel home. If it's overseas, or Alaska or Hawaii, then things could get interesting. We assume it won't be until Feburary at the earliest that he will know where he'll be stationed. We definetly want to get it done before he has to do any pre-deployment training and deployment, if that does happen. He'll at least have a little while to settle in at his first duty station before we have to worry about that.

Now I'm pretty sure my return date for New Zealand won't be too much later than my orginal plan of the end of January. I know I'll be fine as far as planning a wedding goes. I know what I want, I just have to work hard to get it and to get it done.

1 comment: