Header

Monday, June 22, 2009

Bovine Rendezvous

I have an all day rendezvous with the bovine species tomorrow. Let me give you a run-down of my schedule:
Tuesday
5:30am Milk cows
8:00am Meet at meat packing plant (sounds better than slaughter house, right?) to breed cows for the AI class I'm taking
4:30pm Find something to do in Shawano before meeting, probably milking cows at Matt's
8:00pm Dairy judging contest and young farmer's potluck at Matt's
Wednesday
12:00am Go to bed
5:30am Milk Cows
8:00am Meet at meat packing plant to breed cows
4:30pm Milk cows
8:00pm Rest, finally!

Ok, so two days, yikes! Gotta love staying busy, that's for sure. Also news to report, Craig bought plane tickets home for 4th of July weekend. Yay!

He's really getting fustrated. Typically, it takes two weeks to "phase up," meaning if you meet certain requirements, you get more privlages. It's now on week four. A higher-up was supposed to check all of his gear, lockers, and such last week, but she got busy. They told him tomorrow, but now it's looking like that might not happen either. He's doing what he's supposed to, it's just that things aren't going his way. Today he worked at the go-cart track on post. I told him that sounded like fun. He said basically it was him and two other guys sitting in the hot sun for eight hours. Only one family came the whole time and spent only 20 mintues there. I beleive the heat index is 105 degrees where he's at.

So back to talking about me, haha. I'm looking forward to taking this artifical insemination course because I hope to use the skill when I'm over in New Zealand. Also, I hope that it becomes a mobile job that I can take with me as I move from place to place. It's wishful thinking, but I'm preparing myself anyway. I'll keep you updated on how it goes these next couple days.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, get this, I just got a letter returned back to me yesterday that I sent to Craig a week before Memorial Day!! Poor Craig probably thinks I gave up on writing to hi, when it all actuality, his letter from me was in limbo. I guess with graduating and moving to a different base (or whatever the correct vernacular is...), the letter was never able to get to him, so it sat, and then eventually got returned to me. If you talk to him soon, you'll have to tell him that. Do you have his new address? Thanks, sis.

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete